Synology offers this developer guide with instructions on how to develop and install 3rd-party applications on Synology NAS products or a line of network attached storage devices developed on the Linux kernel. With this guide, you can familiarize yourself with the following procedures:
- Compile programs to run on a Synology NAS.
- Integrate applications with Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM).
- Install application files to the recommended path to keep them intact when DSM is upgraded.
- Integrate applications with the Synology web authentication interface.
- Create a package file for manual or one-click installation in Synology Package Center.
This document is written for Synology users and system integrators who are interested in adding their applications to their Synology NAS. Those who read this document are assumed to have some basic understanding of Linux programming.